7 Things to do with your Dog this Summer in ColoradoPosted June 21, 2013 by Scott Bradley
7. Check out some local Farmers Markets - There are always markets going on around town with a ton of fresh goodies! Some of them are dog friendly and can be a great way to socialize your pet with other humans and dogs of all shapes and sizes. Check out the Parker's Farmers Market, they are dog friendly and have over 70 venders, 4 of which are local veggie companies and 3 are western slope fruit vendors...Yum! Be sure to get there early before the streets heat up to much, and burns your dogs toes.
6. Visit the new Colorado State Park - Staunton. This is Colorado's newest state park, it just opened May 18th 2013. Just outside of Denver it can be a great place to take your dog for a hike. Dogs are permitted but must remain on a leash. There are hikes to waterfalls, great rock climbing, fishing and more. Put this on your summer bucket list.
5. Enjoy a cup off Coffee at St. Marks Coffee House on 17th St. and Race in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. This quiet coffee shop has great coffee and snacks with an amazing front patio that is sure to put both you and your dog at peace. Their "dogs welcome" attitude, and fun vibe is great for a Sunday morning adventure.
4. Check out the Denver Pet Expo - This fun time is on August 17th 2013 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Shorty and Hercules from Animal Planet's - Pit Boss will be there making a celebrity appearance. Plus the Smart Cookie Cart will also be attending, giving out free samples. With free admission and free parking, this sounds like a great time to get some freebies for your doggy and check out some great pet products & services.
3. Get a Disc Dog Lesson - Looking for a fun activity that bonds you and your pet? Go to Denver Dog Sports and get a Dog Disc Lesson and practice session. There are two different types of disc competitions: Freestyle and Toss and Fetch. Take a lesson and see which one you both like best.
2. Take a day vaca with your dog at the largest off leash dog park in the state - Chatfield State Park's off leash dog park is HUGE! The entire 69 acres are fenced in so you can let your dog run like crazy and not worry. They have three different dog lakes to choose from, the one closest to C470 is the least crowded and is good if your dog friend is in training. Plus, we have to the plug the Smart Cookie Cart! Colorado's first food truck for dogs will be there every Saturday from 10am - 1pm. Follow #treattrike for more information.
1. After all this action its time for a Spa day! The Wash Park Pet Spa is the place to go. There premium spa package contains such luxuries as a blueberry facial and and 10 minutes relaxation massage. We put them in our treats why not rub them on our faces! Who doesn't love blueberries? Then, all that is followed by an oatmeal wash, conditioning and a teeth brushing. All of their spa packages include hair cuts and nail trimmings.